Below is a video of one of Miles & Macros, LLC owners, Jared Burdick, training on the Serengeti course. How can you miss out this tranquility?!? (video is produced by Highpointaerial)
The race is roughly 10 miles total throughout the trails of Green Lakes. The race starts at the sandy beach of Green Lakes and slowly winds its way around round lake and up towards, as the locals call it, the Serengeti. The race continues it's way around the top before its descent to the lakes back to the beach.
All events include:
***Considerations before registering: This is a steep ski trail, please wear the appropriate footwear, and note that there is potential for injury. When you register for the event you agree to release Miles & Macros, LLC, Sand to Serengeti, and all of it's affiliates of any liability.***
- Race Date: September 12, 2021 *Tentative
- Packet Pick-up: ****Packet pick-up will be announced a few weeks prior to the race date.*******
- Start Time: The race will begin at 8 a.m.
- Headphones: are not permitted.
- Aid Stations: One aid station will be placed at the intersection of mile 2 and 7. It is advised that athletes carry hydration/nutrition with them while on the course if needed. The aid station is only water. *Carry in, carry out. No trace left behind!*
- Bathroom facilities - Please practice social distancing and proper CDC guidelines.
- Parking: There will be parking in both parking lots by the beach.
- Swag: Each registrant will receive a uni-sex t-shirt.
- Photographer: T Wellott will be on site taking photos.
- Awards: Awards will be given to the first male and female finisher of each event.
- Timing Results: Provided by Leone Timing